The pie chart illustrates proportion of electricity consumed in eight different sectors in Eastern Europe in 2007 and 2010 I

The pie chart illustrates proportion of electricity consumed in eight different sectors in Eastern Europe in 2007 and 2010. I

Overall, it can be seen that the maximum electricity was used in the residential sector in both the years. Also, none of the sectors except other metals and manufacturing saw a considerable change in electricity consumption over the three years.

In detail, there was no change in the proportion of electricity consumption in residential, commercial, transport and agricultural sectors between 2007 and 2010. In both these years, residential and commercial sector together accounted for slightly more than half of total electricity usage, with individual figures at 28% and 23% respectively. In contrast, a mere 1.8% of electricity was consumed in agricultural and transport sector combined.

Electricity consumption in other metals and mining saw an increase. In other metals, the proportion rose by 6% over the three years to reach 18.3% in 2010, while in mining it was 9% in 2007 and it stood at 9.4% in 2010. By contrast, electricity consumption in manufacturing and aluminium stood at around 12.5% and 13.5% respectively in 2007 and over the three years there was a fall of 4% and 2% respectively.