The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year

The pie charts compare the proportion of spending on various goods and services of households in two countries namely Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010.

Overall, households in both countries spent the largest their income on just three categories: housing and other goods and services, the opposite was true for health care.

In Malaysia, the figure of the residents paying for accommodation made up at more one third in comparison with roughly one fifth in Japan. Meanwhile, 27% of Malaysian citizens using on food, followed by nearly a quarter of Japan. Besides, the percentage of Japanese using money on other goods and services was occupied significantly at exactly 29%, and this rate was reported at 26% in Malaysia.

On other hand, the statistic of inhabitants in Japan spending money on health care and other goods and services accounted at 6% and 20% respectively, that were double in Malaysia.