The pie charts compares three different groups in terms of the the number of artciles from academic journals read weekly at a university in Australia It is evident that the number of journal articles varies widely in different groups The vast majority of

The pie charts compares three different groups in terms of the the number of artciles from academic journals read weekly at a university in Australia.

It is evident that the number of journal articles varies widely in different groups. The vast majority of those studying doctorates read at least 12 journal articles while all students on average read the least number of artciles each week.

Between one and five journal articles are read by a third of all students per week, compared to a mere 5% of PhD students. Lecturers who read with the same frequency account for only 1%, which is the lowest on the all three charts. By contrast, lecturers register the highest proportions in “6-11” category, at 75%, while the equivalent figures for all students and PhD students were merely 21% and 15% respectively.

A striking 80% of PhD level students read 12 and more journal articles every week. While the same numbers of articles are enjoyed by a nearly quarter of lecturers, the percentage of all students who read more than 11 articles is only half that figure.