The provided charts illustrate the changes in the proportions of the household expenses in a particular nation between 1950 and 2010

The provided charts illustrate the changes in the proportions of the household expenses in a particular nation between 1950 and 2010.

In general, the amount of money spent on accommodation and food was the majority of total spending while the percentage spent on healthcare remained the smallest.

Almost three quarters of the expenditures were spent on housing which was the largest in 1950 before dropping dramatically to 22% in 2010. In contrast, in 1950 the figure for food showed a considerable growth from 11.2% to slightly over a third in 2010.

While less than 5% of the expenses charged for medical care at all times, there was a small fall in education. By contrast, the expenditures spent on transport and other purposes followed the same pattern, rising from 3.3% and 4.4% to 14% and 19.2% respectively during the period.