The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

The given table illustrates the percentage of consumer expenditure on different types of products among 5 countries, namely Ireland, italy, spain, sweden and turkey in 2002

Overall, it is worth noting that each country spent most of its expenditure on Food/Drinks/Tobacco, while the opposite was true for leisure/education

To be more specific, regarding Food/Drinks/Tobacco, people in turkey spent the largest percentage of their expenditure on these items, at 32.14%, followed by the figure for Irish people, at 28.91%. it can also be seen that nearly 5% of turkey’s national expenditure was allocated to leisure and education, which was considerably higher compared to other countries. italy; however, was the highest spender on clothing and footwear, with the figure making up 9% of total national spending.

it can be seen that sweden had the lowest proportion of national consumer expenditure for Food/ Drinks/ Tobacco and clothing/ footwear (only 15,77% and 5,04%). By contrast, spain had a gradual decrease in the figure for their categories, however, the lowest percentage of their expenditure was leisure/ education (nearly 2%).