The table below shows the percentage of employers in various sectors having difficulty in finding staff in 2003 and 2004

The table below shows the percentage of employers in various sectors having difficulty in finding staff in 2003 and 2004.

Overall, it is evident that enrolling technical and managerial staff was easier than finding both skilled and unskilled workers. In addition, the major problem was the percentage of difficulty in finding skilled workers.
In terms of skilled and unskilled workers, the proportion of difficulty in finding skilled workers rose slightly around 4% to 6% in all sectors except for the figures of commerce decreasing from 47% to 41%. The same pattern was seen in the change in the percentage of employers having difficulty in finding unskilled workers increased from 26% to 28% in the manufacturing sector, from 21% to 23% in the building sector, from 20% to 29% in the services sector, and a drop was seen in the figures for commerce.
With regard to technical and managerial staff, the highest decrease was witnessed in the building sector which declined 4% in 2004. The figures of the manufacturing and commerce sector went down the same rate at a mere 2%, which was 1% smaller than that of the services sector.