The table data shows the proportion of iThe table data shows the proportion of income adults and children spent on 4 common items in the United Kingdom in 2005 ncome adults and children spent on 4 common items in the United Kingdom in 2005

The table data shows the proportion of iThe table data shows the proportion of income adults and children spent on 4 common items in the United Kingdom in 2005.ncome adults and children spent on 4 common items in the United Kingdom in 2005.

The table compares the percentage of expenditure for 4 conventional items from the income of adults and children in the UK in 2005
Overall, while the food was mostly bought by adults, children spent a majority of their income on music. Also, adults spent less of their whole income on the four items, compared to children
Food was purchased the most by adults, which accounted for a quarter of their income, as opposed to videos (1%). In terms of music, children spent most of their money on this item with 39%, whereas the same figure for adults was much lower, at 5%
The expenses of children for electronic equipment was relatively high with 23%, however, this item was reported with the biggest disparity between boys and girls where boys used 18% of their income in contrast to girls who used only 5%. The same figure for men and women was much lower (10% and 1% respectively)