the table shows consumer durable owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983

The durability of some Britain's household equipment measured in percentage between 1972 and 1983 is illustrated in the table below.

Overall, all electronic devices made up an increase of durability in the last periods compared to the beginning. However, the data for dishwasher showed the least percentage.

In 1972, television had the biggest proportion of durability at 93, followed by vacuum cleaner at 87. While telephone showed less durable in vicinity of a half compared to the latter, such durability significantly increased to 77 in 1983, making narrowed gap with television by 21. However, there was no data for vacuum cleaner in the last period.

Apart from the previous comparison, the durability of central heating made up escalating trends from 39 to 64 over the periods, and those trends were experienced by refrigerator and washing machine, having durability to 94 and 80 respectively in 1983. However, dishwater and video having uncompleted data showed a small percentage at 5 and 18 respectively in 1983.