The table shows forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should spend about 20 minutes on this task

The table shows forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The provided table illustrates the changes in the number of forested land hectares in the six parts of the world between 1990 and 2005.

At first glance, the number of hectares in forests went down in most parts out of the six areas during this period of time.

As can be seen from the table, the figure for the area of forest in Africa grew considerably by a margin of 58 million hectares in 1990-2005 period. Likewise, this trend was allocated in the number of forested land hectares in Oceania and South america, which accounted for 2 million and 64 million respectively.

There was a significant downturn of 6 million hectares in the amount of forested land area in Asia, then this figure increased dramatically by a staggering of 14 million. In addition, the 1990-2005 period witnessed a considerable growth of 12 million in the number of forested land hectares in Europe. Also, the area of North america forest decreased moderately by 3 million hectares from 1990 to 2000, before the remaining 705 million hectares was allocated to this figure.