ut the eggs in the centre of the dish with the vegetables and herbs around the edge the edge of something the right hand edge of the page Jennifer walked to the edge of the wood Billy sat on the edge of the bed He stood at the water s edge staring across

ut the eggs in the centre of the dish, with the vegetables and herbs around the edge.the edge of something the right hand edge of the page Jennifer walked to the edge of the wood. Billy sat on the edge of the bed. He stood at the water’s edge staring across the lake. A leaf was on the ground, curling up at the edges. 2 blade [countable] the thin sharp part of a blade or tool that cuts a knife with a sharp edge3 advantage [singular, uncountable] something that gives you an advantage over others Companies are employing more research teams to get an edge. The next version of the software will have the edge over its competitors.4 → on edge5 voice [singular] a quality in someone’s voice that makes it sound slightly angry or impatient