The charts show school expenditure and the proportion of students who gained higher education diplomas and degrees in Singapore from 2000 to 2012

The charts show school expenditure and the proportion of students who gained higher education diplomas and degrees in Singapore from 2000 to 2012.

The bar chart illustrated the total expense on school of learners in Singapore, whereas the pie charts compared the percentage of students who achieved higher education qualification between 2000 and 2012.

Overall, boys spent more money on education than the girls. Besides, there were fewer people who wanted and accomplished higher diplomas throughout the years.

According to the bar chart, in 2000, the total school spending of both genders were under 10 million dollars, though that of boys was higher. The period from that to 2012 witnessed a significant increase in the amount of money the boys spent on school, from approximately 9 million dollars to around 31 million dollars. In comparison, there was a rise in the school expenditure of girls, which was still not as much as that of boy.

The proportion of people gaining higher diplomas in the two pie charts decreased relatively, by 5%, while the figure for students obtaining their degrees with higher levels ascended fairly, from 27% to 32%.