Currently there is a trend towards the use of alternative forms of medicine. However, at best these methods are ineffective, and at worst they may be dangerous.To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Currently there is a trend towards the use of alternative forms of medicine. However, at best these methods are ineffective, and at worst they may be dangerous.
To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Today we have many forms of alternative medicines to cure diseases. Some people think that the other treatments are not reliable and waste of money but I think that these medicines are also having certain benefits if we use them in strict observation.

Some people believe that the other forms of medicines are highly unreliable and can be a life threatening. They argue that there is no any detailed research carried out before manufacturing these products. So they are just like the trial and error techniques and sometimes cause severe problems. Also these medicines do not provide quick relief and recovery. As a result many people always try to avoid these methods.

I think that if we can use these other forms of medicines in the strict observation of the experts then these medicines are also extremely helpful. Some of these forms like Ayurveda and Homeopathy are very popular today. They have an answer to some of the life threatening diseases like cancer, AIDS, swine flu and others which are not effectively curable by the modern Allopathic medicines. Even though their effects are slowly adapted by the body but we can get permanent and concrete result by using these methods.

Apart from this, these medicines are cheap and everyone can afford them. Today the medical cost is such a that even middle class people think twice before consulting the doctor. So in such a condition, these other forms of medicines are the best option available for the poor people. Also they are not causing any complications while some of the treatments in allopathic have certain side effects. For example chemotherapy has some side effects like losing weight, hairs and others.

In conclusion, I think that we should encourage people to use the other forms of medicines as they are also very successful but in the same time we should consume these medicines as prescribed by the experts doctors and should avoid to take it on our own.