"Failure is proof that the desire was not strong enough"To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer

"Failure is proof that the desire was not strong enough"
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer

People who achieved incredible success in their life seem not to encounter a failure. It is claimed that they got what they need without much effort. However, this view, in my opinion is not correct. Failure is something that everyone experiences during the lifetime, but successful people are able to overcome this ordeal. Hence, it can be said that failure is an outcome of a weak desire. This essay agrees with the statement and will show reasons which support this.

To begin with, failure is an obstacle that should be gone through. It tests people’s desire and purposefulness. For example, Edwin Barnes, a person whose desire was to become a partner of Thomas Edison, had nothing. He had only an aim and a desire to achieve it. Therefore, it is right to say that Barnes had a misfortune from the beginning. This may be sufficient to discourage many people from their purpose, but Barnes never gave up. This made him one of the most required people in Edison’s company.

In addition, one of the most common features of failure is quitting. There are numerous examples of people who stopped on the last step in the way to success because their desire was not strong. Many successful people say that they reach success soon after they faced misfortune. Darby, the most famous insurance salesman, said that his most beneficial sales were made after people had said no. This is evidence that failure is closely linked to success.

On the whole, a strong desire is something with the help of which any aims and purposes can be attained. People should learn to get over misfortune and follow their dreams no matter what happens.