Governments should be responsible for funding and controlling scientific research rather than private organizations.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Governments should be responsible for funding and controlling scientific research rather than private organizations.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people claim that the science research should be funded by the government rather than from the private organization whereas other people claim otherwise. I support for the prior opinions.

For the private financial supports to the science research could be generating some limitations for expansion of scientific research projects. Firstly, the private aids on science industries might cause lacking in necessary tools. In comparison to the governmental support, private funds would face in lacking of expensive equipment such as super computers, the radiator reactors and the energy reactors. Secondly, there would be some area restrictions. Gathering information to research for other planets from the satellite or collecting data for the future biology samples from the government areas would be difficult to access by the private research institutions.

Whilst the private companies have limitations on science equipment and areas of research, the foremost issue is the nature of the organization. The private organizations are driven by profit. This may mean that some research that could be valuable to society may not begin because there is no monetary gain. As the funding is not from public nor government, there is a higher risk of the business cannot make a profit or having a downturn. For example, the small sized to medium firm cannot support fully on science research unless the nature of business is changed. Compare to the government support, the science industry may not expand due to the nature of the private business of profit driven.

While the private organization focuses on the investing in the new era of the science, the government needs to focus many parts of the society. By using of the governmental expenditures on the science research it might lose of some of budget on other areas. For example, the government expenditure is distributed into many areas such as health, education, public goods, infrastructure and transportation. Therefore, it is important to balance the government budgets to distribute equally on other categories at the same time of financially helpful towards to the science research areas.

Even though the government budget is limited and required to spend on other vital factors of the society, the government role is also improving the quality of human lifestyles by supporting financially to scientific research areas.