In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, these developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive

In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, these developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive in the future.
To what extent do you agree with this view?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.

In recent years the development of information technology is increased, due to easiness with which anybody could have access to the web. Nowadays almost every person in the developed countries owns a computer or a electronic device with a internet connection at them place and moreover the WiFi-net is spreading around across streets, restaurants and even parks.

Basically wherever you are located, there is a highly chance to be connected with the world, that might be seen both like a positive or a negative aspect, depending on different opinions. I believe that the improvement of information technology has made a substantial difference in communication methods. Firstly, it has simplified and accelerated the circulation of data. Thanks to that people can save a lot of time avoiding queues for collecting any type of documents, for instance at the post office or in a bank or also at the hospital. Secondly, the communication by email regarding any type of areas such as work as well as personal life is cheaper, faster and most of all paperless, in order to preserve the planet.

On the other hand it is undeniable that the information technology might have a negative impact on the future under some point of view. The wide amount of personal details which could circulate around the web could be a moral hazard in some case and keeping own privacy may be demanding.

Although the negative aspects are visible, I suppose that the improvement of IT, if it use in the correct manner, could be surprisingly helpful in the future.