Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.Is it appropriate for a magazine or new

Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.

Is it appropriate for a magazine or newspaper to give this kind of private information about people?

Well-known individuals are one of the main attraction in media, especially for newspapers and magazines. Their lifestyle and daily activities became known publicly because of the news reported. While some people might enjoy this kind of information in media, others might find it disturbing and irritated by the fact that the media provider interrupt with their privacy. In this case, I have to say that it is inappropriate for the media, especially magazines and newspapers, to report private information to public.

Well-known public figures, such as politicians, actors, actresses, singers, etc., are used to be exposed to the public. Most of their days spent in front of camera or working closely to the public. However, the fact that they are always being exposed to the public does not necessarily means that during their own leisure time, the journalists are allowed to disturb them. Every individuals in the world have the rights to have their own private time without being interrupted by anyone. Hence, it is inappropriate for journalists to publish private information.

Secondly, it is unethical for the media to gain profit by publishing information that is classified as private without the individual's consent. In the journalist world, there is a role called "Papparazzi" which is a reporter who followed a certain public figure to obtain stories or photos during a daily activity of the public figure. Moreover, this is unethical because are in some way stealing the public figure privacy and in some cases, it will disturb the public figure's life.

Lastly, there are some alternatives where this private information can be published appropriately. In order to do so, the publishers should directly contact and arrange an appointment to obtain these private information. If there is no agreement, the publishers should not force their way. Furthermore, the private information should only be published with the consent of the owner, thus the owner knows exactly what will be published.

In conclusion, it is inappropriate for the newspaper and magazine publishers to provide private information to the public because it interrupts the privacy of the public figure and it is unethical to gain benefit from a stolen information. In addition, these private information can be published appropriately if it comes with the owner's consent.