'Prevention is better than cure'.Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

'Prevention is better than cure'.
Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

Over the last century although the medical science has been developing, the number of illnesses has been increasing as well and there have been appearing deadly serious illnesses which no one even supposed that humanity would have. In order to prevent such dangerous sicknesses which are highly contagious and incurable that cause even death, more proportion of a country's budget should be spent to establish health education and activities that improve people's knowladge of hygiene.

First of all, in my point of view, children studying at primary schools have to be taught correct nutrition and hygiene and this should be a regular part of their tuition. Because, due to current busy life-style most people are more concerned about their careers and financial problems than their health and nearly of all of them are used to eating convenient food such as fast food which has no essential vitamins. It has been proven by doctors that vast majority of serious illnesses are caused by malnutrition..

Secondly, as a result of technical imrovement in agriculture of countries, artificial fertilizars have been widely used for almost all types of vegetables and fruits and consequently they are losing their most useful vitamins.

The last but not least, one possible approach to this issue for governments would be to use media including Television, Radio, and the Press to establish health education. They play main role to warn people of causes of not caring about their health.

In conclusion, I strongly agree that prevention is better than cure and as well as governments, people should try to live healthy life.