Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantage of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantage of this outweigh the disadvantages?

In almost every country's education system teaching a foreign language is considered as one of the most essential parts of tuition. However, there is the issue whether children should be taught a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school has been quite controversial among authorities of education.

With regard to educational matters, it may be argued that teaching a foreign language at younger ages of children can allow them to learn another foreign language at secondary school. For instance, if they are taught a foreign language which is grammatically and phonetically similar to their own language at younger age, it may not be challenging for them to learn another one that is unfamiliar at secondary stage.

On the other hand, in spite of some advantages of teaching a foreign language at early ages, as to psychological aspect, it could be claimed that children's mentality cannot be ready to learn a foreign language due to the lack of vocabulary of their own languages. Consequently, that may get them buffled by using a mixed language which is the result of not being aware of some words in their own language.

Furthermore, it is obvious that learning a foreign language requires a great deal of effort from people, even adults. It may make young children ignorant about other essential subjects such as maths and literature. Moreover, from medical point of view young children need to be busy with physical activities.

All things considered and not being biased towards only educational matters, it would seem that a foreign language is better to be taught to children at secondary school when they get the concept of a foreign language.