Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.To what extent do you agree with this view?

Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.

To what extent do you agree with this view?

There is no doubt that it is through advertisement that any kind of brand can launch a new product or idea. Although some techniques used are unethical and unacceptable, the add still goes to popular media, which in my view, should not happen.

There are some markets that use more appellative forms of advertisement. For an example is the cosmetic industry which sell and idea of perfect beauty, that no one can reach. In my opinion this ways of selling a brand are unethical and totally unacceptable, because it could cause great emotional and mental damages for people at all ages. I do agree that many techniques used for advertising a product or an idea are unethical and, in my personal view, should be banished for societies wellbeing.

On the other hand, the add industry have the right of freedom on their works production. In the example of cosmetic industry, it is probably easier to target consumers that consider themselves ugly or with low self esteem. They are not forcing consumers to buy their products, but just finding the quickest gap on market to increase their income. This attitude is based a capitalist society, where money is prioritised and that is why, in my way of thinking, it is unethical and completely unacceptable.

In conclusion, I agree that some industries use appellative adds as form of generation of income, but in this process they become unethical, therefore unacceptable.