Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.
What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

It is widely maintained that students not only should be taught knowledge about their professions but also should be prepared as qualified specialists to work by universities.However,people have diverse views about this issue.Some people believe that it is the most important thing to have skills which are demanded in the workplaces,so universities should provide students with such knowledge whereas others claim that the priority of the university should be giving the deepest knowledge students on their professions .In this essay,I will discuss both sides of the issue and draw a conclusion based on the facts.

First of all,there is a statement that purposes of most people who are studying at the universities is to make a successful carrier in the future, so having some skills which can be efficient in people’s work is more significant than getting only educational knowledge.In other words,experiences about work which are gaining in the university can be more effective for student’s future life.For this reason,many people believe that universities also should provide their students with knowledge which can contribute to be professional at their major.

On the other hand,some people argue that to prepare graduates as a qualified employer should not be the main purpose of the universities.It is also strongly stated that drawing all attention to graduate specialists for workplaces can cause the distraction on the education.Moreover,there may be some people who would to work after getting a diploma and are only enthusiastic to learn academic sides of their major,so learning skills needed in the workplaces can be acknowledgesd as wasting time for them.Taking all reasons into account,the detractors deny providing students with some skills which are only important to be sophisticated employer.

To sum up,there is a strong diversity between people’s attidites about this issue,so while the majority of people surmise that universities should provide people with knowledge due to helping them to make a successful carrier after graduation, others argue that it can reduce quality of education,so it should not be a main function of universities.All things considered,I am inclined to believe that learning skills which can contribute to be more successful in the work –life has only benefits for people,so I am favour of studying both knowledges in the universities.