Wild animals have no use in the 21st century and trying to preserve animals now is just wastage of money.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Wild animals have no use in the 21st century and trying to preserve animals now is just wastage of money.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Many countries around the world are known for their wild life. Countries like India, China, Australia, are famous for wild animals such as tigers, lions, anacondas, and wild pigs. It is disagreed that money spent on preserving these animals is a waste of financial resources. In this essay, I shall put forth my arguments to support my views.

Firstly, wild animals can be a source of entertainment for the public. For example, people go to a circus to watch lions, tigers perform a variety of interesting acts, which brings joy to those who watch it. A circus makes it possible for many people, who can’t afford travelling abroad, to see these wild animals, which would have been impossible otherwise. Hence, it is not a waste of money to try to protect these animals from becoming extinct.

Secondly, wild animals are a source of medicinal products. For instance, researchers have found that snake venom, in very small quantities, can be used to boost the body’s immune system. This increased or enhanced immunity can help the body fight against a multitude of diseases. Therefore, it is evident why it is beneficial to try to preserve wild animals.

Thirdly, scientists have studied animal behaviour for many years in order to understand the similarities between humans and animals as well as to understand the origins of life. For example, evolutionary scientists argue that humans and apes have a lot in common and that we might have evolved from apes. They obviously reached these conclusions after years of study on wild animals. Consequently, it is not a waste of money to try to maintain wild life.

In summary, after analysing how animals can be used for entertainment purposes and scientific study, I firmly believe that money spent on trying to protect wild animals from extinction is not a waste. It is expected that number of wild animals will continue to increase because governments have been fighting against the illegal hunting and killing of these animals for many years now.