Capital punishment is a very controversial issue today There are good statements made on both sides of the argument A couple of questions should be asked before deciding which side to take in the never ending debate of capital punishment Discuss

Capital punishment is a very controversial issue today. There are good statements made on both sides of the argument. A couple of questions should be asked before deciding which side to take in the never-ending debate of capital punishment. Discuss.

Did u know that every year almost 1500 human is executed, and this number is even much bigger for deaths caused by capital punishment in general?
Capital punishment has been, and still is, an argumentative topic for many years. As the humanity is civilizing, there are many alternatives to capital punishment that countries should practice. The main reason why capital punishment should be illegalized is the conditions of applying this punishment in many dictatorial countries.
First and foremost, the main reason why capital punishment should be illegalized, especially in dictatorial countries, is the impossibility of guaranteeing whether people who really deserve this punishment are the ones who are being punished. To elaborate, capital punishment in dictatorial systems is a tool to frighten people and prevent them from having their basic rights. For instance, according to the Human Rights Watch, approximately 27 Egyptian journalists were executed in 2019 without having a fair lawsuit. To sum up, while there are many alternatives, capital punishment is not the best choice for countries and governments.

Despite all that, opponents claim that capital punishment should not be illegalized because this punishment prevents murders from killing and lowers crime rates. These people think that capital punishment is the worthiest punishment a murder should get. In truth, while it is hard to apply this punishment, in the right way, in the dictatorial countries, the best way to avoid killing innocent people and the misuse of this punishment is to ban it. For instance, even though the capital punishment is illegal in Poland, a lower crime rates were recorded comparing to countries that legalize the capital punishment, like Egypt.

To conclude, because there is not a trustable way to apply the capital punishment it should be illegalized temporary. Stopping capital punishment is a must until both governments and civil societies draw the lines that can guarantee practicing capital punishment fairly, not using it as a power under the governments’ control to shut voices and blind eyes.