With the increasing use and development of new technology many machines are now able to do the work which people used to perform What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend

With the increasing use and development of new technology, many machines are now able to do the work which people used to perform. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?

It is undeniable that technology has taken over the world. Thanks to the rapid development of modern technology, many machines have proven to achieve better performance results than workers can. For me, this trend does offer both benefits and drawbacks and, in this essay, I will support my opinion with relevant examples.

On the one hand, technology is usually reliable and can complete complicated and boring tasks that humans do not want to. What I mean is that computers are able to process millions of calculations in a short time – for faster than the human brain ever could, so they are always trusted in managing sophisticated systems such as a city’s traffic lights, ensuring the flow of traffic to be in sync. In addition, factories use automated machines in the majority of the production lines which helps them to save time in manufacturing. The reason for this usage is because machines do not require a break and can function for long hours. At the same time, in many households, it is common for electronic gadgets such as washing machines or vacuum cleaning robots to assist housewives with doing many day-to-day dull chores. The time freed from those duties can, thus, be better spent on their family and friends.

On the other hand, there are a variety of disadvantages of technology taking over human duties. It is obvious that the appearance of modern machines has caused high unemployment rates. As a large number of works is done through the computerized system, people are no longer hired by the companies. What’s more, if humans control robots in the wrong ways and let them upgrade by themselves, it would be a disaster as robots may dominate the world someday.

In conclusion, although there is a wide range of drawbacks of modern machines, I believe that their benefits are far more significant.