Machine translation MT is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans Do you agree or disagree

Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans.

Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, translating can be done with machine or in person. While some people argue that the result from machine is slower and has lower accuracy, others might say otherwise. In this essay, I have to agree that machine translation is inferior in terms of speed and accuracy compare to human. Moreover, the current level of technology is insufficient to produce a machine translation comparable with human translation.

Translating with a machine is not as efficient as translating with human. This is because in translating, there might be some cases where the handwriting is unclear or the wordings are inaccurate. With this problem, machine will struggle to translate and might need a human translator to supervise it, whereas human translation will be able to interpret the context of the document, hence producing an accurate translation. In addition, machine translation will require a further checking, while human translation should not need a thorough check, thus human translation will be produced faster.

Technology has improved ever since globalisation, however this technology advancement have not resulted in a reliable machine translation. The current technology offers us with a machine that can translate a document written in computer, while handwritten document need to be tyoe into computer. Moreover, there is no feature of the machine that can interpret and predict a handwritten document just yet, hence resulting in a more time consuming process to translate.

In conclusion, I agree that translation made by human can be produced faster and has a higher level of accuracy compare to machine translation. Machine is unable to adapt with different style of handwritting, whereas human translator is capable to do so. Furthermore, the technology only offers us a machine that can translate a document written digitally, thus have a longer processing time.