Nowadays young people are admiring media and sports stars even though they do not set a good example Do you think is a positive or negative development

Nowadays, young people are admiring media and sports stars, even though they do not set a good example. Do you think is a positive or negative development?

In recent years, although top sport athletes and entertainers are often role models, they gain the admiration of millions of teenagers. While this trend may be beneficial to some extents, I would argue that is more detrimental.
On the one hand, it is undeniable that to become one media or sport stars, athletes or celebrities must practice with highest endeavour and patience. Their effort, extraordinary result are brilliants, which should be venerate. As a result, they certainly deserved to get wealth and fame. As for this point, the youngsters can learn from their idols the way they trained themselves hard to achieve success in their career. That would be valuable life lessons, which should be imitated by teenagers.
On the other hand, idolizing celebrities, who are not excellent role models could result in negative effects. One reason for this view is that youngsters tent to spend a lot of time following what their idols do or where they would go. They even are mad at taking concert on watching matches in order to have a glance of the big star. This may distract them from studying at school and they could get a bad score. Furthermore, the young could be immature and they may imitate all the actions of the stars, irrespective of whether these actions are beneficial or not. They may copy their idol’s bad behaviors such as smoking, drinking alcohol or even drugs, sexism, racism or sexual scandals. For example, Maradona – an world-class footballer of Argentina was detected in abusing doping in World cup 1994 then he also was found out using drug later. These outcomes not only spoil young generation’s health, moral and their future life, but also cause burden for society.
In conclusion, I believe that the adoration, which teenagers dedicate to media and sport stars have both strengths and weakness. Although youngsters can be inspired by the talents, their behaviors could exercise bad influences on the youth. Therefore, I hold the view that it is a negative trend.