Scientists predict in the near future cars will be driven by computers not people Do you think it is a positive or negative development Why

It is widely perceived that cars that are capable of driving themselves will be released shortly. Although self-driving cars have some drawbacks, I would argue that there are far more benefits.

There are numerous downsides to computer-controlled automobiles, one of which is prohibitively expensive and unaffordable. It is computer-driven cars that people are unable to afford and possess. As a result, they have to cope with financial burdens and go bankrupt because of their progress to purchase this kind of vehicle. Another potential pitfall would be the inability to detect and reach obstacles or unpredictable road users. It is indisputable that innumerable fatal accidents will be caused by cars in self–driving mode, due to driving without human involvement. Excessive vehicles with self-driving capabilities commute in traffic, which would in turn happen many pileups, and local authorities could not control them.

Despite the above-mentioned negatives, robotic cars reap the benefits. First and foremost, autonomous vehicles could offer significantly greater travel autonomy for those who cannot drive, not only older drive this type of cars but also disabled travelers, which would in turn reduce human error when being stuck in a traffic jam during rush hour. It should also be noted that driverless cars benefit better riding experiences, thereby improving better capabilities as robo cars are less braking and accelerating. This would therefore, enhance traffic efficiency and traveling become safety closer together.

In sum, while I accept that cars that can drive steer themselves have certain demerits, I generally consider it a positive development.

Essays by the user: