Students perform better in school when they are rewared rather than punished To what extent do you agree Discuss both view and give your own opinion

Students perform better in school when they are rewared rather than punished. To what extent do you agree. Discuss both view and give your own opinion

An amplitude of people hold the notion that students' performances are considerably enhanced when they are rewarded rather than punished. Noth opinions have rational reason to validate their points. However, I concur with former one because its advantages outweight drawbacks.

To start with, it's common knowledge that it is reward that strongly motivate people to exert themselves, a metaphor for one's endeavor and bring us fulfilment. Reasonably enough, prizes constitute compensation for school child's gigantic effort and conscientious work upon completing tasks. Numerous sleepless night, reading thousands of documents and books, squeezing every single neron to come up with brilliant ideas can not have been equivalent to avoiding punishments only. Take myself as an example, I used to be so incompetent at English to the extent that never has thought about communicating faultlessly in English casted my 9-year-old-me's mind. Nonetheless, promised tp be remunerated, I had made profound progress. Without it, I wouldn't become a confident speaker now.

Secondly, receiving gifts is also associated with sense of triumph as each individuals has prevail ovet not only peers but also themselves, which stimulate them to strive more and achieve more. It's safe to say that, even the most humble person, human being must have inner eager for success. It is inherent in our blood that once we decide to contend with somebody, we desire and crave for winning. Likewise, learners compete against rivals via practicing and studying to get to paramount position, thus augment acedamic erudition.

On the other hand, implementing sanctions substituting for prizes was genuinely prevalent among educators by virtue of instant and staggeringly effective results as higher percents of works handed before deadline. Obviously, it's our instinct that operate our body and mind to distance ourselves from troubles. Therefore, on confronting with possible problems like punishments, students will do their best to exceed minimum marks set by teacher. However, this educating strategy was culprit of chronic stress affecting a major of students.

In conclusion, I think educationalists should apply rewarding systems rather than punishing counterpart. We can't gamble students'mental well being with prodigious reputation.