Students at schools and universities learn more from lessons with teachers than from others sources such as the Internet or television To what extend do you agree or disagree

Students at schools and universities learn more from lessons with teachers than from others sources (such as the Internet or television). To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Today, new technologies, such as the Internet and television, has made great changes in education. In spite of this, many people still believes that traditional education system is more useful when it comes to impart knowledge on students. In my personal opinion, although the role of teachers in the classroom is undeniably essential, we still cannot ignore other sources of learning.

Teachers cannot only inculcate theoretical knowledge to students, but also instill high moral values and give students inspiration and encouragement. In other words, teachers serves as a guide for students, by showing them the path, give them the interpretation, encourage them to think critically and correct the misunderstandings. However, it is also true that not all teachers are qualified and not everyone can go to schools and universities. For instance, some students are afraid of entering the classroom because of the bad impression of teachers or some others, due to personal or economical reasons, cannot attend universities.

For those kind of students, they might feel more comfortable learning with the Internet or television. The easy access to other learning resources has allowed students to learn any subject they are interested in at any time of the day. Moreover, stimulating and complementing the learning experience by employing different sources of information is also beneficial for students. For instance, by doing a research as an assignment for school or university, pupils are forced to read additional material of the topic in order to complete the task, and this kind of extra material are mostly available online. Thus, they are learning with other sources.

To sum up with my view, the pivotal role of educators is acknowledged due to their irreplaceable contribution in any student's learning journey. But equal importance should be given to alternative sources of information during children's development.