WRITING TASK 2 You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic The Internet has dramatically altered our lives over the past few decades Although some of these changes have been negative the overall effect of this technology

WRITING TASK 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:

The Internet has dramatically altered our lives over the past few decades. Although some of these changes have been negative, the overall effect of this technology has been positive.

What are your opinions on this?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your own knowledge or experience
Write at least 250 words

There are various different opinions on the subject of the Internet. While some people might suggest that it has negatively affected our lives and society, I personally believe that it has actually made the world a much better place. In my opinion, there are two main benefits to this technology.

Firstly, I am sure most people would agree that the Internet has improved the way we communicate. Although spending too much time using the Internet instead of talking to real people can cause social isolation, most of us have benefited greatly from e-mail and internet chat programs like MSN Messenger. There useful and powerful communication tools have made it much faster, easier and cheaper to keep in touch with family and friends in other countries (and also to do international business).

In addition to this, the Internet provides us with all of the information in the world at work, school and home. In the past, research involved spending many hours in the library. Now, however, the same information is available online. Of course, not all of the material on the Internet is offensive and some of it is dangerous – there is everything from pornography to instructions on how to make bombs. Nevertheless, I feel that this free movement and sharing of information has generally been beneficial.

To conclude, I once again restate my view that the Internet has had a positive influence on modern life because of its effects on both communication and the flow of information.