People nowadays sleep less than they used to in the past What do you think is the reason behind this What are the effects on individuals and people around them

People nowadays sleep less than they used to in the past. What do you think is the reason behind this? What are the effects on individuals and people around them?

Nowadays the number of sleep deprivated people is more than it was before.This essay will talk about the foremost reasons of this epidemic and then characterize the possible effects of the problem.

In my opinion the main causes of sleep deprivation are disorderly lifestyle and some significant changes in people's lives which necessiate them to sleep less than they usually did. Today more and more young people become "Night owls" — the type of people who tend to stay up untill late night or the early hours of the morning. They prefer to spend time by surfing on the internet, going to parties, night clubs and have fun with friends at night. This results in to their sleep schedule and the quality of their lifestyle. In addition, the problem is accentuated by the growing number of people, who do not sleep enough, because of their illnesses , having a baby or aging. Young women who have new born babies need to look after a baby that's why they can not sleep completely.Aged people also because of their health issues sleep few hours or do not sleep at all although they need to sleep 9-10 hours. For example 81% of aged people in Europe can not sleep at night or sleep few hours.

The possible impacts of this problem include physical health problems and loss of productivity. Firstly the lack of sleep results in incorrect functioning of the human body and it contributes to the risk of developing many troubles. For example It is more difficult to form thoughts for the ones who are sleep deprived and it can cause severe impairment of vision. Also sleep deprivation is assumed to gain weight through overeating. Secondly sleep deprived people are very unwell and they have chronic tiredness. This minimizes their efficiency and results in lower of productivity. For example it has been proven that the one who does not sleep enough loses his response and attentiveness and he needs to put more attention to perform his tasks.

To sum up, the lack of sleep is a big problem that effects a lot of people today. It's mainly caused by leading a disorderly life and results in severe health problems.