Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is more important for students to study art and literature than it is to study math and science Provide reasons and examples to support your opinion

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “It is more important for students to study art and literature than it is to study math and science.” Provide reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Learners study different types of academic disciplines in the educational institutions. Moreover, what they study at the school may heavily influence their personal life, or vice versa. Personally, I believe that learning the mathematics and other sciences is more significant than mastering the literature and art. I have three rationales for holding this opinion, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, use of knowledge in the field of mathematics and natural or social sciences courses has wide range of impact on individuals’ future profession. No one will say that art and literature is useless and nonsense in youngster’s life because it has certain advantages including the development of imagination. However, we need to recall that not only engineering field, but also other many professions require at least basic mathematics knowledge from young people. For example, I have never enrolled art and literature classes in my life, but I have satisfactory skills in the field of science. Last year, I wanted to start learning in the university as a freshman. The main requirement of getting the undergraduate was having fine points on the mathematics and physics test. Fortunately, I aced these tests thanks to my knowledge in these academic disciplines, but not my flair of arts. If I used my invaluable time for learning the aspect of arts, I would not have mastered the mathematics, so I would end up losing my opportunity to join the postsecondary institution. This example demonstrates basic use of the science but not all; I am certain that the huge effect of mathematics is not only limited to this episode.

Secondly, mastering the art abilities require certain extent of aptitude from learners, but most individuals can study the science without possessing natural ability. Getting the fine artist or poet require adequate personal flair from people. On the other hand, we can easily understand the concept of science—if we immerse ourselves. For instance, I tried to have the adequate ability of drawing for many years when I was young. Nonetheless, all of my endeavor culminated in loss, and I comprehended that the art is not learnable matter as mathematics. To sum up, individuals who have not natural skill cannot study the art even if they want it.

In summation, I am of the opinion that studying the science is more essential than learning the art. This is because knowledge of science is more applicable than the information or skill of the art, and the art requires flair from people willing to learn.