Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Humankind is a kind of creature who needs to love someone and being loved by others. This a basic a need of any person around us. That is why people try to expand their relationships with each other. By passing the time some of these relationships can become tight and tighter and change to friendship. In other words, every relationship doesn't last for a long time. The ones which based on some specific characteristics can last for a long time or forever. To conclude it is not easy to make friends who are reliable. In my opinion, it is more important to try to keep old friends.

First, I think a good friendship is based on reliability. By reliability I mean, you can find someone that you can depend on when you face a serious problem in life. A person who you can trust. In my view, this is one of the most important factors of friendship. In addition, I believe that it needs time to find a person who you can depend on. By passing the time and having different experiences with that person in several of occasions you can realize is she or he is suitable for you or not. That is why old friend are the ones that you know them and you can depend on them in many aspects.

Moreover, making new friends is not bad while you have to put your efforts on keeping your old friends. Because new people which you do not know can harm you in many ways. If you trust them without having deep insight in them, it can be harmful to you. They may have a different cultural level from you which guides you to not suitable ways in life.

To illustrate, I have an experience on my own. I migrated from my country to another country. I did not know anybody in this new country. I started to go to university and to meet new people and to find new friends. After a while, I came to a serious problem. I talked to a new friend I made in university about my problem. She advised me to leave the school and work in order to solve my financial problem. Then I decided to call one of my old friend in my hometown and consult with her too. She advised me in a different way. She said to me to pursue my education while I can find a part-time job. Now after passing of 5 years I think If I have abandoned my school I do not my perfect job now.

To sum up, I believe that while making new friends is good but keeping old friends is more important. Old friends are reliable, trustable and the ones who know you better than anyone. You can feel more comfortable with them and depend on them whenever you need help in life.