Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

Eudcation is an old, prestigeous job, driven by the desire of every teacher. For them, the amount of salary does not matter, so I cling to the fact that increasing university professors' salaries does not neccesarily improve the quality of education.

Actually, in most of the countries, professors now earn a lot, being at least the middle-class of the society. Their current salaries are able to support them to have a decent as well as happy lives. Therefore, increasing a small amout of their salaries, say 10%, may not have an effective impact, because with or without those increases, they still live in the same way. More importantly, for most of the professors, it is the sincere love for education that stimulates them to teach, not the salary. For example, professor Wan who teaches the course Introduction to Programming Language for the freshman students really enjoy the time he spends with students. When we met on Wednesday for the class, he began the lecture by sharing an interesting story with us. I still remember that at the very beginning of the semester, he told us that he does not care about his salary at all, so if we want to do some project in his lab, he will fund us. And I have met numerous generous professors like professor Wan, so I think that what they really care about is the happiness they acquire when they present the lecture seeing the satisfying and content faces of the students. All in all, the salary increase for professors is not likely to improve the quality of education.

Additionally, in order to ameliorate the education quality, school should never turn blind eyes to the infrastruture. Only with modern, reliable, easy-to-use equipments, can students really foucs on their studies instead of worrying some irrelevant stuffs. For instance, when I was taking Digital Circuit 1 in the first semester of my sophomore year, the circuit boards in the lab are too old to function well. It was always the case that the conductors operate strangely or the bulbs did not light up. As all sorts of problems showed up when we were doing the experiments, I only learned little thing throughout the whole course. Fortunately, in the next semester, when I was taking the second course of digital circuit, all the circuit board were replaced with new ones. This update of the infrastructure reduces my worry of the intrinsic problem, allowing me to learn a lot of practical skills. To sum up, better infracture is bound to bring better learning experience thus better education quality.

In a nutshell, universities should focus more on improving the infrastructure instead of increasing professors' salaries in order to advance the quality of education.