Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to use printed material such as books and articles to do research than it is to use the internet. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is a controversial problem that whether a printed material such as books and articles are better to do research or internet is better to do research. Some people think that books are best source of information and some not. As far as I am concerned, i would like to vote for printed materials. My arguments for this choice are listed as follows.

To begin with, Internet is widely and vastly available and probably the best and quick option to get information now a days. People do not have enough time to read bunch of books and derive useful information from it rather they prefer to write one statement in search engine and ready to get information by clicking just two to three available links. But do anyone care how trustworthy those data can be? Some people might argue that the information available on the internet are kept by many important persons such as scientist, doctors, businessman, etc and there is no way that they put some wrong information. but what about others? Internet is a platform where anyone can share their thoughts. Internet is reliable if you want to get simple information like who is the president of United States of America. But if you are going for getting such a deep information regarding some cosmology or some algorithmic data for your research then you cant take a risk. In addition to that now a days plagiarism is very bad for researchers. Plagiarism is nothing but copying others contains of research and use it. Internet can be worst in that case.

On the other hand, Printed materials such as books, articles, published papers of well known authors, famous journals are the best option for getting source for research as they are the most reliable, validated and certified source of information. Now a days every university or a city has public library and people can reach at anytime and can find any book they want. Though going to library and searching some topic from book can be time consuming and boring but research is also very serious matter and it should be done with great accuracy.

In addition to that, The best advantages of using books and articles are the transparency between author and you. If you find any questions regarding that article then you can easily ask to the author and get the solution. This can not be possible in the case of internet.

At the end i would like to conclude that research is a very sensitive task which need lots of hard work which can lead to betterment of society. so i firmly believe that printed material is the best option to do research.

research is also very serious matter
research is also a very serious matter