Task2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In my opinion, living life nowadays is very challenging in many ways. In order to be successful, people these days tend to spend a lot of their time on tasks that are important and are meaningful to them than wasting their time on less important activities. In this essay, I will address several reasons based on school, work, and family situations to support why I disagree with the statement.

First, I would like to give out my opinion about school situation. I think that there is more competition in school today that it was in the past. I live in Fremont city, California. I have heart from people I know many times that the competition in getting in to schools in this area is increasing every year. This causes tremendous amount stress on parents and students to prepare themselves to get in good schools. Moreover, high school students in this area study very hard in order to be accepted in top universities in the country. I think that it is harder to get in the top universities today than it was when I was in high school. Students theses days are very serious on studying and do not waste their time playing around.

Second,at work, people nowadays work very hard at doing things that they should do. This is because it has been hard to find a job today, especially a job that pay well. In many places, people are spending more hours working than ever at their jobs, because that is what the companies they work for say that they should do. For example, one of my friends works as a programmer, he devoted all his time to work. He have not had holidays for two years, he worked on called twenty-four hours a day everyday for the past two years. He told me that he does not like to work this hard and he prefer to have sometimes to take care of himself. However, he does not have many choices, and he needed to work for his family. For most people, it is important to spend time on doing tasks that they should do.

Finally, people in family tend to spend time on doing tasks that they should do to support their family rather than spending time on personal enjoyment. For example, I have studied hard for my California Pharmacist licensing exam, and I could not work for the past two years. Our expenses are relied on only my husband's income. Even though he does not like to work for a long hours everyday, but he did it in order to support our family. He has not have vacation for years. Many people today spend too much time doing things they needed to do to support their family, and they do not have much time for their enjoyment.

In conclusion, because living life these days is harder and more challenging than the past, people tend to spend more time on doing things that they should do such as studying, working hard, and supporting family rather than wasting their time on doing less meaningful activities in order to have a successful life.

there is more competition in school today that it was in the past.
there is more competition in school today than it was in the past.

I have heart from people
I have heard from people

and he prefer to have sometimes to take care of himself.
and he prefers to have sometimes to take care of himself.

Even though he does not like to work for a long hours everyday, but he did it
Description: don't put 'although' 'but' in one sentence.

Sentence: In many places, people are spending more hours working than ever at their jobs, because that is what the companies they work for say that they should do.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to for and say

---------------------------