TPO-22 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Aw we know teachers plays an essential role in our lives because they form our believes about life and world and the society we live in. Some says teachers should not say their political or social views in class to students; however some says they should explain and expose their thoughts to their students. If you ask me, I would say the teachers should not express their thoughts on controversial subjects freely for few reasons which I explain along the passage.

First, students may not understand what the teachers are talking about because they are child, and are not involved in political and social condition of people. For example our English teacher sometimes talked about how the government is reducing the amount of money that pays to its workers specially teachers. He talked about how living with a restricted budget is hard, but students just laughed at him for being a poor member of society. They considered him as greedy person who could not managed his money and spend it efficiently, but they actually did not know that the English teacher had four children, so they could not understand and make connection with teachers talk about society condition.

Second, students cannot be trusted because some of them report political thoughts of teachers to government. I hear that one year ago, a theology teacher complained about the content of the book which there are a lot of lies about religion in it. The teacher had discussed this subject in class, so few days later some police officer had come to school, and captured him and put him in jail for two years. As we can see students might have different thoughts, in order to defend their thoughts, they may say bad things about the teacher out of the class.

Third, duration of the classes is limited. Most of times, teacher won't have enough time to discuss and talk about subjects out of the academic subjects that should be taught. For instance, we had a physics teacher who liked to talk about different topics including social and political ones. That teacher gave thirty minutes of class to these talks out of a two hour. Therefore, at the end of the year, we could not finish the book on time and had to come extra classes out of school time like we had to go to school even when the school was closed; beside that, the teacher was not able to teach physics as we would expected because he was trying to finish the book as quickly as possible at the end of the year.

Given these points, I do not agree that tutors discuss their social or political views known to students in the classroom because students may not understand the topic because they are not mature enough; Students can't be trusted, and may report what teachers thinks to government or people outside of the class that are not agree with teachers' thoughts; time given to classes is short, and teachers can't finish the book on time. so basically tutors and students should not discuss their believes inside the class; if they really want to share thoughts, they may meet outside of the class like a cafeterias.

Some says teachers should not say their political or social views
Some say that teachers should not say their political or social views

because they are child,
because they are children,

They considered him as greedy person who could not managed his money
They considered him as a greedy person who could not manage his money

Sentence: Therefore, at the end of the year, we could not finish the book on time and had to come extra classes out of school time like we had to go to school even when the school was closed; beside that, the teacher was not able to teach physics as we would expected because he was trying to finish the book as quickly as possible at the end of the year.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to would and expected

No. of Words: 536 while No. of Different Words: 230 //it is wordy. You may remove the reasons in the conclusion paragraph.

----------------------