Describing the ways in which elephants fascinate humans TPO51

Describing the ways in which elephants fascinate humans - TPO51

The passage mentions that elephants are fascinating creatures, such as they can aware themselves death, have artistic ability, and afraid of mice. however, the professor thinks those amazing abilities are misunderstanding of the elephant's behavior.

First of all, the author thinks that elephants can aware of themselves death, for they go near the water and die alone. however, the professor don't agree with it and says that it is a wrong assume. when elephants get old, they can only have some soft vegetations, which are usually grow near the water. so older elephants go to therre, graze there, and die there.

Secondly, the passage states that elephants have artistic ability, because they can hold a paintbrush and paint. But, the professor refuses the statement by saying that the elephants are trained to hold a paintbrush. The elephant's ear is very sensitive, so the trainer uses their ear as a trick to let the elephant remembering pattern by their ear. Besides, elephants can only paint simple line, this pattern is far from drawing a flower or other animals.

Finally, the passage mentions that elephants are fear of mice, though mice don't do harm to elephants, they always back away from mice when they confront the mice. And yet, the speaker mentions that this action is a kind of misunderstanding, rather than fearness. when the elephants meet a unfamilar mouse, they back away not because of the fearness. If elephants in the zoo meet a familar mouse, they will not fear at all and never mind them.