intergrated

intergrated

The reading claims that dams represent one of the most beneficial and effective forms of electricity creation today and provides three reasons of support. In contrast, the professor states that more research and development is necessary and the points that made by the author pose many drawbacks; he refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the article avers that dams positively impact the environment. While, the lecture opposes this point by stating that the environment does suffer. In fact, he explains that during construction, the water is diverted and this presents problem to the migration of fish, and after finishing construction, the water return to its path but it flows slower. This will hurt reproduction of fish because they require fast flow to lay their eggs.

Second, the article posits that the power generated from dams produces no harmful pollutants. On the other hand, the lecturer counters this point by saying that dams contribute to produce pollutants. He mentions that the artificial lakes that create with dams flood periodically and the plants around these lakes will die. Actually, these dead plants rot over the time and methane is released, which is a global warming gas. In addition, planets remove carbon dioxide, which is a global warming gas, from atmospher and dams destroy plants that remove this gas. This appears a contradiction to the information made in the reading.

Third, the reading asserts that dams create no financial burden for the community. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by saying that the community dose suffer financilly. he believes that the lakes flooded and the residents around the lakes will be relocated and it is not cheap. Besids, the most reconstruction of dams is unfeasible wihtout government aid so they need a lot of money to restore the area. This disputes the third point in the passage.