tpo 26 task1

tpo 26 task1

The text and lecturer offer two opposing views on the accuracy of the hypothesis which candidates the zebra mussel fish as a serious threat to the freshwater fish population in all of North America. While the text lists some factors such as the human transportation, lack of the predators in the new habitats, and huge use of the plankton as the main reasons of this belief, the professor counters these specific points and presents some clues to call into question the information in the reading passage.

First of all, the professor refutes the cause of this unstoppable invasion of the zeal mussel is the ships and their ballast water which in the reading part are named as a major factor of this phenomenon. The lecturer states that this incident can be happen in the past because of the people's unawareness, but now they can empty out the water full of the zebra in salty ocean water and refill them with the fresh and zebra free water. That is how the lecturer casts doubt about this hypothesis accuracy.

Although the passage uses the surmise of the scares predators in the new environment as one the causes of the invasion in the new habitats, the professor doubts the truth of this claim. As the lecturer asserts this condition is favorable just for a short span in the beginning, because as the birds get informed about the new food resource in the sea they will change their habits and diets; moreover, they prey on the huge amount of the zebras, which denies the likely of their dominances.

Finally, the lecturer argues that this species is the hazard factors for other kinds of the fishes. Meanwhile, the passage presumes that they are the main risk and threaten factors for the plankton eater fishes. Based upon the professor's evidences this creature produces a huge amount of the nurturance and there are main food source for the bottom feeding fishes. Consequently, there will be an increment in the bottom feeding fishes’ population.