TPO 32 - Task 1

TPO 32 - Task 1

Essay topics in audio

The reading passage and the lecture both discuss the Quackers which is an underwater unfamiliar noise captured by Russian submarines between 1960s and 1980s. The author of the passage advances three hypotheses to explain the possible sources of Quackers. However, the lecturer challenges what the author proposes and refutes the reasons.

First off, the author highlights the fact that these eerie noise could be produced by the Ocra whales while the female whale wants to attaract the male one. On the contrary, the lecturer contends that submarines move deep in the ocean but the Ocra whales live near the surface of the ocean so they are far away from each other. Consequently, it's not possible for the submarine to hear Ocra whales' sound.

Moreover, the author posits that the sounds probably were created by giant squid. Not having been convinced, the speaker says that the sound abruptly disappeared entirely after 1980s. However, the giant squid continue living after that. Therefore, it's not reasonable to accept that the sound of a especial species of the animals suddenly stop without any particular reason.

Finally, the lecturer does not support what the author declares revolving around the fact that another county's submarine which is using a military technology to get hidden from detection, emitted the sound unconsciously. He claims that the sources of sound were extremely nimble that they changed their direction quickly and move at high speeds. On the contrary, even nowadays technology does not enable governments to invent such an agile submarine. Moreover, the engine noise is cannot get this much silent and it's not possible to create such a silent one.

Sentence: However, the giant squid continue living after that.
Description: The fragment squid continue living is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace continue with verb, past tense

Sentence: Moreover, the engine noise is cannot get this much silent and it's not possible to create such a silent one.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to is and cannot

Sentence: First off, the author highlights the fact that these eerie noise could be produced by the Ocra whales while the female whale wants to attaract the male one.
Error: attaract Suggestion: attract