TPO 5 integrated writing

TPO 5 integrated writing

The reading passage gives us three theories about how the building were used. However, the professor believes them there are not convincing.

First of all, the reading part posits that from one of views the building are used as "apartment buildings" for people in there.But the professor disagrees with the point becasue the number of fireplaces could only meet ten families demands.

Second, the passage indicates the size of the great houses would make food very suitable for storing. By contrast, the professor thinks it is not correct and provides the evidence that there are not any clues of maize or maize container. At least, it has remained some trace of maize if the Chaco structures were used to store food supplies.
Finally, archaeologists found a pile of old material and a large number of broken pots. This finding has been interpreted as evidence that people gathered at Pueblo Alto for special ceremonies and meals. The professor claims the theory is not convincing. He tells us there has a lot of other material in them such sands, stone and so on and it may be the trash of house material or left from workers. So, it is not a good evidence to support the theory.