TPO11

TPO11

Both reading and lecture are talking about the effects of reading less literature in recent years. The author cast doubt that it could have a negative influence on various aspects of culture. On the contrary, the lecturer contradicts various viewpoints mentioned in the passage based on three reasons.
To begin with, The lecturer mentions that different kinds of books like science books or novels have high quality for stimulating the imagination. and she rejected the idea that the passage believed that, reading less literature would lose important benefits.

Secondly, the lecturer brings up the idea that due to changes happening in people's lifestyles, mankind could expand their imaginations in different ways like listening to music with strong lyrics. She believes that in this period of time, we could not say that changes in culture depend on only reading books.

In the end, the lecturer demonstrate the claim that the passage mentioned. She thinks that in some cases we must see the fault in authors which could not be enough understandable for their audiences not lowering the standards of the public for the declining interest in reading great works of literature.