w1. Calcium intake for healthy bones.

w1. Calcium intake for healthy bones.

Essay topics in audio

The article states that the best source of calcium for human body is cow’s milk and cow dairy products. According to the reading passage these products contain high levels of calcium that can be easily absorbed by the human body and provides three reasons for support. However, the professor explain that new evidence shows that in fact consuming of cow’s milk can prevent the calcium to be absorbed by the body and refutes each of the author’s reason.

First, the reading states that milk contains high levels of calcium and magnesium which are absorbed easily by the bones. The professor refutes this point by stating that milk is reach in proteins. Because of this high proteins level, the ration of calcium which is absorbed into the bones is pretty low. Moreover, there are other calcium sources poor in protein, such as broccoli or cauliflower from which the calcium is absorbed at better rate than from the cow’s milk or dairy products.

Second, the article claims that the cultures that drink milk have people taller than cultures that do not consume dairy products. However, the professor contends that calcium does not play any role in how long the bones grow. According to her, calcium makes the bones stronger not longer.

Third, the reading passage avers that in the cultures in which the infants are feed with cow’s milk the infant mortality rates are lower than in the cultures that cannot afford the appropriate cow’s milk. The lecturer opposes this point of view by saying that the infant mortality is not related to the milk consuming. In fact, the people from reach countries can afford to buy good food and take good care of their infants while the people in poor countries cannot afford the basics care for their infants. In fact the reason for high or low infant mortality rate is connected more with how wealthy the people are and not with the quantity of the milk consumed by the infants.

that milk is reach in proteins.
that milk is rich in proteins.

is absorbed at better rate than from the cow’s milk or dairy products.
is absorbed at a better rate than from the cow’s milk or dairy products.

that drink milk have people taller
that drinking milk makes people taller

the people from reach countries can afford to buy good food
the people from rich countries can afford to buy good food