The chart below shows the results of a survey of people who visited four types of tourist attractions in Britain in the year 1999

The pie chart illustrates the proportion of visitors to four types of tourist destinations in the UK in 1999

In general, most travelers to Britain went to Theme Parks and Museums & Galleries. Noticeably, Blackpool Pleasure Beach was the most popular destination to visitors among Theme Parks in Britain in 1999.

Looking at the chart in more detail, the figure for Theme Parks and Museums & Galleries was approximately the same with 38% and 37% respectively. In contrast, there were only 16% of visitors going to Historic Houses& Monuments, which was a bit higher than that of Wildlife Park & Zoos.

Among Theme Parks, Blackpool Pleasure Beach attracted the most visitors in 1999 with 47%. Following that, there were 17% of visitors choosing Alton Towers as the destination to explore, which is slightly higher than that of Pleasureland, Southport. Meanwhile, the percentage of people who went to Chessington World of Adventures and Legoland Windsor were similar, which stood at 10%