The claim that animals have rights has been subject of much debate since the 1970s Are zoos helping or hurting our animals should be banned Do you agree or disagree

The claim that animals have rights has been subject of much debate since the 1970s. Are zoos helping or hurting our animals?
should be banned? Do you agree or disagree?

Zoo is a common term used for an open space which holds species of animals for display. Some people claim confining animals in zoos may affect them mentally. However,it is argued animals in zoos are well protected because they have been given proper food and water on time.

Focusing on advantages, for the long time,zoo officials claim in order to protect and take care of endangered wild animals they need to be captured and confined in the safe places.In addition, visiting zoo gives tremendous opportunity to explore animals in close and get valuable experience of their living patterns.Some animals are killed for business purposes.For instance, people are poaching elephants for their ivory and some animals for their fur and medical benefits.

Nevertheless, there are also some disadvantages.Capturing animals from their home – the forest may affect them mentally.Furthermore,separating them from their families will affect them psychologically and longing them to meet their loved ones once in a lifetime.

To put it in a nutshell,it is true in the past,zoos have subjected wild animal to cruel treatment.But nowadays they are treated in a fair manner. With reforms brought about in this sector, animals are given better treatment.In the end,it is up to us whether we want to see animals in zoos or in a natural surroundings.

zoo officials claim in order to protect and take care of endangered wild animals they need to be captured and confined in the safe places.
Description: 'they' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronoun.

Minimum 250 words wanted