Professor Today we re going to talk about the debate between economic growth and protecting the environment Economic growth creates new jobs and gives people money they can use to improve their lives On the other hand if we protect the environment it can

Professor: Today we’re going to talk about the debate between economic growth and protecting the environment. Economic growth creates new jobs and gives people money they can use to improve their lives. On the other hand, if we protect the environment it can be enjoyed both by ourselves and future generations. If you had to choose between prioritizing economic growth or protecting the environment, which one would you choose. Why?
Alex: I would prioritize the environment. We only have one planet and if we don’t take care of it, we won’t have pleasant lives in the future. Economic growth can be important, but not at the expense of the environment. I think we need to shift towards more things such as investing in renewable energy and promoting environmentally-friendly technologies. We’ll all live much healthier lives if the world around us is clean.
Maggie: While I agree with Alex that environmental sustainability is important, I think that economic growth is the only way to solve many of the social and economic problems we face. We need a strong economy to create jobs, reduce poverty, and improve standards of living. Not only that, but when companies grow stronger and more profitable, they can develop new technologies that solve our environmental problems.

This is a challenging topic, I believe that, environmental protection is more crucial than economy.My personal belief is that protecting environment now helps to minimize the global warming issues.
For example, every year the temperature is increased by 2 degree celcius each year which caused by industry, if we continue then, there will no future exist as Alex’s mentioned.
I understand the Maggie concern the point about industries development to invent new technologies, but she misses another critical point that it will be so late until such technologies come out. For instance, to make the industry the human has to waited for many centuries, and what is gurantee that such technologies which come soon before something catastrophe happens in the earth?