Study individually or with a group

As human is a social animal, it is normal to do activity or learn new thing together in group. There might be a reason that why there are at least twenty students in one class at school. On the other hand, sometimes, people need concentration and peace to finish some kinds of task alone.For example, some scientists prefer to create new invention in his laboratory by himself. However, if I can choose to study, I will decide to study with a group because of the following reasons.

First of all, It will be more enjoyable to have friends in class, talking and sharing ideas about the lesson. Although, mostly we talk about our vacation trip or movie we watched last night, we still can catch up with lesson. Moreover, when I don't understand some points of the subject, I can ask my friends for help. Secondly, we really need acttivity to sharpen some skills such as communication skill, leadership skill, and teamwork skill. How can we learn those skills without group activities or interaction with one another. Therefore, teachers sometimes add group project or discussion into the lesson plane in order to help develop those skills for their students. In my opinion, humans learn best by doing according to Learning by Doing Theory of John Dewy. We will remember and do thing automatically if we practice doing it. Thus, learning with a group can surely help practice some sorts of skills.

In conclusion, I would rather study with a group than study indiviually. As I stated above, learning in group has more fun talking with friends, and more chances to learn certain skills. Then, next time, don't forget to drag your friends to enroll some courses with you.