ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY

ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY

I was born into a family which encouraged me to pursue a career in language study. I believe that my most important decision is to apply to a specialized Literature class at a Gifted High School. Despite the many obstacles along the way, I have never regretted the path I chose. Both my parents are university lecturers, and they were top seniors at Language Gifted High School, so they have always strong opinions about my significant life choices. To meet their expectation, I was required to attend intensive English courses to enter the Language Gifted High School. During my time in a Literature class, I was surrounded by friends who were competing for the title of Literature Gifted student. They talked behind my back whenever my scores were worse, and they assumed that I was delusional for wanting to compete. It was hard to be judged and disbelieved at first; however, I still believed in my abilities and put effort to win in a competition. I believe this could help change my parents' minds and convince my friends to see me in a different light. My hard work paid off. I won the second prize in the competition which brought pride to my school be the only one in my middle school to pass in two Specialized Literature classes in the High School for Gifted Students. In the end, I believe the greatest commitment one can make is the commitment to themselves, have faith in yourself, and efforts will not betray you.