Please complete the questions below or upload a personal statement as a Supporting Document. If you upload a personal statement as a document, you do not need to answers the questions below. Please note that your application will not be considered without

Please complete the questions below or upload a personal statement as a Supporting Document. If you upload a personal statement as a document, you do not need to answers the questions below. Please note that your application will not be considered without a personal statement.

The limitless potential of the biomedical science and the opportunity for world-changing breakthroughs are both exciting and compelling to me. Upon hearing about a disease for the first time, I am eager to find out more about the precise ways in which it affects the body, which has led me to spend much time researching the details of various diseases as well as new techniques for diagnoses. My desire to understand life on a deeper, and to be involved in the analysis and diagnosis of disease first inspired me to pursue a career in medical science. The prospect of obtaining a diverse role in the medical field that holds a strong link to human biology makes it a natural path for me to take.

As my academic studies progressed, medical analysis started to become my passion. I began to excel at school level, frequently receiving top marks in science exams and being asked to speak about the subject at various assemblies. At college I extended my study in science by admitting in Zoology & Chemistry department. Here we go deep in learning about Bacterial species, Pathogenesis and Infections. We also had opportunity to further extend studies related to biochemistry and immunity. However studying microbiology was and still my great interest.

At post graduate diploma my subject choices are varied, indicating my well-rounded capabilities, but biomedical science has without a doubt provided me with the most enjoyment. We went deeper in studying microbiology substantiating our background with illustrates to Viral and bacterial Pathogenesis as long as immune response. Extend studies, allowing me to carry out private and independent clinical work, something I find immensely interesting. Through this, I was granted a placement as a Lab technician at Integrated Diagnostics Holdings (IDH), responsible for routine testing, stat testing, training the newcomers, and even warehouse stock monitoring and purchasing. I kept moving up in my career in IDH till I reached the head of department of corrective actions and assessment, alongside my core role as a laboratory technician.

I am currently enjoying participating in a one year International Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Training Program at the Engineering & Science Services (ESS) at the American University in Cairo (AUC). It has given me a clearer insight into the numerous disciplines within Clinical pathology and taught me about the involvement of various processes, such as Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank and Microbiology. This has given me a sense of the importance of attention to detail, a quality that I feel I naturally possess. The course has also involved practical aspects; an fluorescent microscope was used to visualization of fluorescent dyes or proteins as labels for molecular processes or structures. It enables a wide range of experimental observations including the location and dynamics of gene expression, protein expression and molecular interactions in cells and tissues.

Due to the large amount of laboratory work that is based on the use of highly technical equipment, It has also largely developed my ability to be analytical and to successfully debate varying opinions and ideas. Immunology not only complements my other subject choices by being both scientific and essay-based, but it has provided me with abundant knowledge of research methodology, a particularly beneficial skill in science related sectors.

Whilst my time at IDH was primarily based upon medical analysis, I was given the chance to develop my communication skills, a skill I have also the ability to put standard operating procedure (SOP) in its simplest form and train other on it beside explain mystery is that of them. I was asked to put the SOPS of urine cultures at IDH, for which I was commended for my confidence and ability to work under pressure.