statement of purpose

statement of purpose

With a doctor preventive medicine degree and almost 2 years of working experience in clinical trials with international organizations, I realize that advanced knowledge on clinical research matters in a global mindset and an international network is the key to success in a management career in research organizations. My knowledge is no full-time course in university trains dive into clinical study. The Master Program in Global Health and Development (GHD) of the Taipei medical university (TMU) in Taiwan, which is most relevant and dive into research the Randomized Controlled Trials topics, will surely pave my way to the desired career.
Selecting professional courses in Global Health and Development, I would like to grasp health matters from international perspectives. I believe that I can gain professional insights into health research by combining my solid background in research and the knowledge acquired during the courses, especially Research ethics, Fundamental global health, Research methods, and Seminars.
I plan to become expert management in clinical research organization. I impress the clinical trial field. I do enjoy helping the success of new studies about therapies, drugs, vaccines.. . Such interest was reinforced when I was involved as a clinical research coordinator in multi-site research, where I worked with competent, experienced, and inspiring study staff, sponsor. Besides, I am truly passionate about leadership skills, I had also basic management knowledge when I join many health management studies and a management of hospital quality course. So I will select several credits among Elective credits such as Management of health service organizations, Organization & management of global health, Quality management courses in the first year; and the Role of law in global health, Economic evaluation in health care in the second year.
During the course, I would like to research the Satisfaction of medical workers of health organizations, using the quantifying method. I plan to ask for the supervision of competent and proficient advisors in the TMU. As soon as can, I will contact with Ph.D. Professor Nai-Wen Kuo, who has a research interest in global health and manage health care, especially interested Viet Nam country through a TB Control and Prevention Project cooperates with the Quang-Ninh Province of Vietnam. I also hope he will become my “teacher coordinator” in the Field Study course.
Also, TMU Master’s degree program will help me to improve my language knowledge both English and Chinese. 2 years in Taiwan also give me a valuable chance to learn Chinese, understand deeply your culture, and establish an international network. Such a unique experience will be my assets to work in global organizations field based in Taiwan or Chinese, which clinical study field is very developing with many offices of international organizations such as Syneos Health, Medpace, Covance, and Parexel. Despite choosing the English taught program, I will register the Chinese classes, making friends with local students and residents who master the language. My goal is to achieve an advanced English and Chinese level after 2 years in Taiwan.
Finally, I would seize every single moment in the TMU to carry out the above plan. I am convinced that with my outstanding academic capacity with practical working experience and clear motivation, I can contribute positively to your program.